Thursday, December 30, 2010

Random Chinese Food

Heh, a girl can't live on high end food/restaurant all the time... so here I am to share some of my favorite food court and "cha chang tang" (茶餐廳) food that I enjoy. I'll try to remember to take more photo of Chinese Food from now on... so definitely more pics to come ^_^


Left : "Street side sui mai" (街邊燒賣)
Those are different than your normal dim sum's sui mai which are normally pork but these are mainly flour with a little bit of fish paste. It was originately sold by street vendors in Hong Kong. Since it's mainly flour and you could barely taste the fish, you would normally eat it with soy sauce & chilli oil / sauce. These are from First Markham Place Foodcourt.






Pineapple Bun w/ butter (菠蘿油)
~ basically warm sweet crust bun with a big slice of cold butter. 
This is one of the most popular "cha chang tang" (茶餐廳) dish, enjoy mostly during afternoon tea (下午茶) together with milk tea (奶茶). Most Hong-Kong style bakery will sell the bun on it's own, so you can always warm it up at home and put your won slice of butter in it =P


Egg Tart (撻)
Love the one at Dragon Island Bakery (島) on Hwy7, but you have to have it fresh out of the oven

雞蛋仔
I really don't know how to translate this?!? It's some sort of egg cake / chinese waffle?!?
It's made in a some sort of waffle iron that have round shape with a very egg-y batter. It's another street vendor food but since we are in Toronto, it's available in most Chinese Mall 
(I got mine at New Kennedy Plaza @ Kennedy & Hwy7)


Pork Neck cha-sui rice (豬頸肉叉燒飯) 
~from First Markham Place Food court too. It's one of my favorite Chinese food court dish in Toronto



Salty Fish Chicken Fried Rice (鹹魚雞粒炒飯)



Beef Stir-fry w/ Rice Noodle (幹炒牛河)
~ I like mine with hot sauce


Minced Beef w/ raw egg rice (窩蛋牛肉飯)
This is one of my favorite Chinese comfort food, it's like the Chinese version of Spaghetti and meatballs. I only know of this one place in Toronto who still serve it with an actual raw egg and it's at 楓林餅屋 (a Bakery at Midland & Finch)

2 comments:

  1. LOVE this post :) nothing beats Chinese street food!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yup.... I wish I'm in HK right now and "sweep the street" =P

    ReplyDelete