Monday, May 30, 2011

Pure Spirits Oyster House & Grill


Before heading to the Sake brewery here, we had lunch at Pure Spirits since they had the largest patio and no wait time  (also because Boiler House wasn't open)  =P It was my first time there and I love the inside too, but our goal is to get a little bit of patio time.


Got a nice sunny table and got my first tan ^_^
.

♥ Mill Street Lemon Tea Beer that I mention here
It was super refreshing with a very smooth, quenching and slightly sweet taste which is perfect for a hot summer patio day (^_^) It`s basically the best part of this meal =P

Old favorite : Mill Street Organic


Nothing beats fresh oysters on a hot summer day.... but it`s way too expensive to eat out and we usually only buy dozens of it home and open it ourselves, that`s the only way to satisfied my huge appetite for oysters (we usually have at least 2-3 dozens a person)  =P


 I always eat my Oyster with a light squeeze of lemon and I really don`t see the point of using this chilli sauce which was quite spicy with the oysters... it`ll totally overpower the natural taste of the oysters


Eastern Blue Crab Cake
~ Singaporean chilli crab sauce & cucumber salade
No good and it taste like cheap frozen crab meat



Seafood Mac & Cheese
~ smoked Pacific salmon, fresh seafood and mascarpone cheese
This is the best tasting dish, as I said before, really difficult to get a pasta dish horribly wrong


Pulled pork sandwich (day special)
This was just no good, pork was dry, sauce lacking a& taste like store bought and there was really not enough meat for this size of bun... even the salad was over dressed, not fresh looking and tasting =(


Verdict :
Saw a lot of people ordering Mussels, maybe should just have ordered that =P
Would have prefer to got o Mill Street next door if there wasn`t a long line up.
But super nice and spacious patio

Pure Spirits Oyster House & Grill on Urbanspoon

4 comments:

  1. Restaurants with patios always get away with mediocre food >_<

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess just as their name suggest, we should have stick to oysters or mussels only =P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your drink definitely looks refreshing! The crab cake looks delicious but I guess looks can be deceiving.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woah! I'm really enjoying the template/theme of this blog. It's simple, yet effective.
    A lot of times it's very hard to get that "perfect balance" between usability and visual appeal. I must say you've done a superb job with
    this. Additionally, the blog loads super fast for me on
    Internet explorer. Superb Blog!

    Here is my website ... ways to get instagram followers

    ReplyDelete