Wednesday, June 29, 2011

St Lawrence Market

 Bought my Dad to St Lawrence Market last week, we ate and bought a lot lot of stuff back home. I have always love going there once in a while during warmer weather. Even if you don't cook, there so many places to eat and a lot of ready-to-eat items such as cheese and charcuterie etc (^_^)

 First stop would be the Carousel Bakery to get their "World Famous Peameal Bacon Sandwich" and they have been at this same location for over 30 years. There`s a lot of imitation out there with none being very successful and if you have tried this place you`ll never be satisfied by any others.


 There`s a constant line up and there was some sort of production line going on at the back with your sandwich readily available as you pay... just like McDonald in a way but no worry since there's always people lining up so guarantee you'll get a fresh and hot sandwich.



 There was a bunch of different mustard to choose that you could add to your sandwich.... from sweet honey mustard to the really really hot mustard (that's really how they label it).
Simple and delicious OMG !!!
At $5.75/ea, you get at least 3 layers of the peameal bacon served on a warm super soft country bun.
It`s not overly fatty oily but cook until it`s golden crispy outside while remaining moist, juicy & meaty


One of the mustard to choose from at Carousel Bakery was a Kozlik's Mustard which is my fave mustard of all time and happens to be one of the vendor at St Lawrence Market. This is a must visit booth since 90% of the world mustard is grown in Canada after all.   They also offer free sampling every Saturday and there`s 35 Flavour to choose from. It`s so good that it`ll be difficult to resist not to get a bottle or so (didn`t take picture of their booth since it was so crowded) =P 
Even my Dad decide to get a bottle of my favorite Double C (a course traditional dijon) back to HK.

 Carousel Bakery on Urbanspoon

This is another must try for anything from their famous fish & chips to all sort of fresh seafood.



Swordfish Sandwich w/ coleslaw & Salad
Love the bread, love the smoky grilled fish even more and I would have to say I prefer this better compare to their fish and chips (which I always order from my previous visit)



Steamed Mussels
The sauce was light yet flavorful enough not to overpower the fresh natural flavor of the mussels and love how the lemon wedges was actually cooked together which gave the sauce a backdrop of lemony flavor (must try that at home). Nothing beat super fresh seafood =D

 Buster`S Sea Cove on Urbanspoon

We'll always drop by for coffee, they have a wide selection of Fair Trade coffee and tea available.



One of the best looking Espresso Machine (^_^)





They have their own roaster


~ specializes in fresh homemade pasta, pizza, pesto and sauces.
 There was so many different pasta flavor from basil, wheat, quid ink to beet spaghetti



Farmers' Market (North Market)


So colorful, just looking at it make me happy =D


Stella Artois Légère
First time seeing beer being given away on the streets of Toronto and we got their last bottle.
I remember last time I saw a Corona Truck, they were only giving away lime O_o"


Next post will be about the things we bought home =D

5 comments:

  1. I seriously need to go more often! I've always wanted to try Buster Sea Cove. Sigh tomorrow will be my last day of work at my office (close to St. Lawrence Market) will be working at Liberty Village starting Monday! I should go tomorrow hahha

    ReplyDelete
  2. you definitely should or just go back on a Sat and so you have more time to shop around and bring home.... love the Cheese shop next to it, you def have to try some(they give you free sampling if you ask)=D

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes i agree the carousal is definitely the best once u had that u never wanna go anywhere else

    wat is also good is the veal sandwich downstairs at Mustachio's sooo yummy and very filling

    hey did u also stop by the lemon tree place for macarons?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I went there and there was only one flavor left so didn't get any =( Next time for sure I'll need to head there first =P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Greetings I am so delighted I found your blog page, I
    really found you by accident, while I was looking on
    Askjeeve for something else, Regardless I am here now and would just like to say thanks for a marvelous post and a all round entertaining
    blog (I also love the theme/design), I don’t have time
    to browse it all at the moment but I have bookmarked it
    and also added in your RSS feeds, so when I have
    time I will be back to read more, Please do keep up the awesome b.



    Feel free to visit my homepage; how to get more followers on instagram

    ReplyDelete