Thursday, August 11, 2011

Corner House Restaurant (Summerlicious #3)

I decided to go to Corner House Restaurant this year for Summerlicious since I've heard a lot of mix review from friends and I just need to try it for myself. It's also because Corner House is one of the only Restaurant who have 5 to 6 choices for both appetizer and entree on their "licious" menu (normally only 3 to 4).





It was the hottest day of the year, me in my cute little dress here arrive excited and was surprise that there was people waiting outside.....


As soon as I step in, I realize that it was super hot and I remember thinking that it must be the open kitchen door since it was by the entrance. Corner House is really a house converted into a restaurant and we were bought to the upper floor and then realize that there was no AC... OMG, it was so hot and there's no AC, no window (sealed) and not even a fan in sight on the hottest day of the year (x_x). The AC broke during the day and I think they should have told people about their situation before bringing us to our seats. There was no warning, no apologies whatsoever by our maitre d' who I believe was the owner... it's suffocating in there after sitting for a bit, no air at all and I though I was gonna faint  o_O"


Warm Fresh Bread w/Curry Hummus


Chilled Moroccan Spiced Cucumber Soup w/ Corn Salsa
Without hesitation that was my first choice and for those who knows me well know that I rarely order soup since I mainly find it not as interesting to take picture as other appetizers =P But given that it was so hot, this was the perfect choice since it was cold and refreshing. The soup was barely seasoned which allow the cucumber flavor to pop while the salsa gave it a kick/burst of flavor.



Baked Goat Cheese Salad w/ Stewed Berries, Prunes, Apricots, Crouton, Balsamic Vinaigrette
This was equally tasty with a well balance and combination of flavor. All you need to do is to get a bit everything in each bite.... and I should say what can go wrong with baked cheese =P



 Certified Organic Tilapia w/ Summer vegetable fricassee, Israeli couscous, Bacon Vinaigrette
 Both the fish and the couscous was dry and overcook and let's just say my first choice was the vegetarian Mushroom dish and they were sold out =(
Should have listen to the reviews online about their fish being overcook >_<


 Crackling Roasted Cornish Hen 
w/ warm sourdough bread salad, pine nuts, currants, corn and natural reduction
Crispy skin, moist and flavorful and even the veggies and "croutons" was super yummy full of chicken flavor from the natural jus reduction =D


 Caramelized Lemon Cream Tart
The lemon cream was super creamy and more tart/sour than sweet which I love. It's rather refreshing since I am sweating quite a bit by now.



 Triple Chocolate Brownie, Vanilla Ice Cream, Walnuts, Banana, Caramel
The warm brownie and caramel goes perfectly together with the ice cream.


Verdict :
Great food for $35 prix fixe Summerlicious 
but because it was so hot, I didn't get to enjoy it as much as I would like...
The Owner was very social but was unapologetic for not having AC.... when she asked if there's anything wrong, I complain about being hot and the only thing she said was "I know hun" and once again no apology >_<
On the other hand, our waiter was great and keep filling our glass of ice cold water


Corner House on Urbanspoon

4 comments:

  1. "I KNOW HUN"??? You must be kidding me! I can't believe she didn't even apologize O_o Good call on the soup and baked cheese *yum* ~ Haha my first thought would be that the chicken is dry instead of the fish (you know me haha). Maybe I will try the restaurant for Winterlicious...hope they will have heat that day LOL~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know hun, that's really what happen... hahhaha
    so you end up didn't go to yours I guess.... I was thinking about the heat for Winterlicious too =P LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh man if it was me i wud be really grumpy just like how I was at School no a/c on a hot day means grumpy K

    ReplyDelete
  4. yup, I was ready to kill someone mid-dinner >_<

    ReplyDelete