Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Strawberry Lemonade


See I'm putting my Antique coffee carafe from here to good use (^_^)

I hosted a BBQ last week at home and wanted to make a non-alcoholic drink. Decided to make a Strawberry Lemonade but of course I have vodka & rum readily available that can be added if needed =P

I originally wanted to do Basil Strawberry Lemonade but I totally forgot to buy basil since the plant at home is not helping this year =(

Ingredients :
  1 cup granulated sugar
 6-8 cups water
1 cup Strawberry puree
1 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice

Cook the sugar with 2 cups of water over medium-high heat until the sugar is fully dissolved.
Turn off the heat and let it cool. If you want to try the Basil version, add a handful to the pot when it's still hot, cover and let it steep for 15-20 minutes. Taste and if the basil flavor isn't strong enough, let it steep for another 10-15 minutes. Measure out 1 cup of the syrup.

In a large pitcher, combine strawberry puree, lemon juice, the cool down syrup. Stir and add 4 cups of water, taste and if too strong add more water. Chill or blend with ice if in a rush.

Note: You can always use frozen berries/strawberries when fresh is not on-hand. 

♥♥♥♥♥
This was a success, all my friends love it and even preferred this over beer (^_^)
♥♥♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment