Wednesday, October 5, 2011

High Tea @ Hilton (Markham)


Went to Markham's Hilton for High Tea a few weeks ago with a girlfriend to catch up, we needed a place uptown near home since the highway was close that week so we wanted to avoid the trouble to head downtown. I've heard about their $15pp afternoon tea buffet available on Saturday and Sunday from 3 to 5pm for a while but wasn't sure if it was good. Let's just say nothing was outstanding but for only $15pp, I can't ask for much more.  I have been meaning to try more High Tea places since my post here but since I like to think of it as a girl thing, I haven't have the opportunity to organize an girl day date yet.

There's no fancy list of tea to choose from, only had unlimited refills of coffee and some Starbucks Tazo teabags to choose from.

This wasn't creme brulée at all, it was some sort of raisin pudding that was extremely thick and sweet.


 This was my fave, it was some sort of moose that I loved but they don't really refill their buffet, so when I went back for 2nd, it was all gone.



This was just extremely sweet cream which I didn't like =P



The raisin scones at the back was really not that great =( I've always thought of scones being a major part of a good afternoon /high tea...


 The sandwiches was made as tiny or fancy as most of the other places but it was surprisingly good, super moist and fresh ingredients... the 2 of us had more than we should have =P



Didn't try the croissant since it looks kinda hard 


Verdict :
Not great but pretty decent for $15/pp
Will def recommend if you like in the area (^_^)

2 comments:

  1. Haha your experience was exactly like mine. Nothing spectacular, but for $15, we can't really ask for much. It's also uptown which is a good thing. The choices are kind of different from last time though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't been but like you said, $15 is a good deal :) Those look more like small danishes rather than scones.

    ReplyDelete