Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Mitzi's on College

After falling in love with Mitzi's Sister here, I swear to visit their other 2 location as well and it's only this past weekend that I finally found time to come to Mitzi's on College for Brunch. I was so glad that they still have their patio open since we got Summer weather this Thanksgiving weekend. Just can't be more thankful (^-^)





Ceasar ~ my fave cocktail and I think I can never get bored of it especially this one which was quite strong and was quite spicy (I ♥ spicy). Just missing a celery stick to complete this =P


 Mill Street Wit ~ I personally don't like "orange" flavor beer but I understand it's light and refreshing for a hot day like this for those who do. Ben had 2 of this =P

Mitzi's Famous Oatmeal Buttermilk Pancake
~ topped with Pumpkin Cheesecake & Maple-toasted pumpkin seeds
This was heavenly, it's was like a big fluffy soft oatmeal cookies =P I can't believe oatmeal can taste any better than this. This is definitely not your regular fluffy and light pancake that we are used to, this was a much denser 1" thick pancake. The pumpkin cheesecake was not only a perfect theme for Thanksgiving /Fall but it was so creamy and smooth with the perfect contrast in texture with the crunchy seeds (^V^)
OMG if you haven't try yet, this is a MUST TRY!!!

Poached Eggs
~ on savory bread pudding with rare roast beef and a horseradish and pepper sauce
The bread pudding with the perfectly cook egg together with the sauce was a perfect harmony of flavors... the only challenge is to get some of each in every bite =P
And did I mention that even their side of home-fries was delish, it had some sort of jerk sauce with onions on it =D



Watermelon Lemonade 
~ it was so hot that I need another drink, this was alcohol free but very refreshing




Verdict :
I need to go back for those pancakes very soon, I'm drooling just thinking about it 
MUST TY PANCAKE !!!
Now I'll have to try Mitzi's Cafe

Mitzi's on College on Urbanspoon

3 comments:

  1. Those buttermilk pancakes look awesome! Similar to the time I had brunch at The Belleville, it's nice to try a different take on pancakes sometimes :) I need to go out for brunch more lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm.. pumpkin cheesecake eh.. that gives me an idea for my left-over pumpkin puree XD Don't know why I never thought of making pumpkin cheesecake.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Saw the pancake at Insomnia are super thick as well, will have to go back to try =P

    Ooooooo cheesecake, love anything cheese =P

    ReplyDelete