Monday, March 12, 2012

Luma (Winterlicious 2012)

Was looking a place for a double date dinner with my girlfriend and her new beau and since it was Winterlicious, I decided to go back to Luma since I had a rather good experience here back in December. The lunch at Rosewater here and this dinner is the only Winterlicious I went to this year, so I was hoping that both will be great...






Roasted Beetroot Soup
~ blue cheese, walnut & apple
Sweet smooth delicious goodness


Chicken Liver + Foie Gras Paté
~ confit duck heart and braised lentils
This was one of the dish that attracted me from the Winterlicious menu since the one I had last time here was super delicious... 3 out of 4 of us ordered this and let's just say, all 3 were different portion size, my 2 friend's dish was bought out first and it was a great portion size and then mine arrive about a minute later... let just say my paté was half their size and comparing to the $8 I paid last time, this one was so much smaller which I could barely share with Ben (>_<)



Seared Albacore Tuna
~ braised sunchoke and heirloom bean salad, red wine rosemary vinaigrette
Love everything except the tuna itself...


Grilled Flatiron Steak
~ butter whipped potato, oyster mushrooms and truffle creme fraiche
This was delicious and moist with perfectly cook and flavored oyster mushrooms


Apple & Buttermilk Panna Cotta
~ maple granola and apple compote
Try a bit from my friend's and this was rather yougurt-y, I think it's my first time liking a panna cotta


Cinnamon Rice Pudding 
~ preserved kumquat and nutmeg
Love the flower petals presentation but the rice was a bit hard to my liking and wish it was served warmer/hotter


Chocolate Bread + Butter Pudding
~ butterscotch and white chocolate
As you may have guess, this was my dessert =P 
This was delicious, it wasn't drench in sauce but the bread itself was very flavorful


Verdict :
Was a bit of a disappointment....
but I`ll definitely be back for regular menu especially for the paté I had last time here

Luma on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment