Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Windsor Arms : Prime

I got a WagJag deal, $69 Prix Fixe menu for 2 at Windsor Arm's Prime Steakhouse which seems to be pretty good deal with choice of 10oz steak as entree.... service was excellent but the food was a disappointment :(






Arriving on a Friday night at around 8:30 and
it was pretty empty except of 2-3 tables and I started to panic



Their dips was the best thing of the night, love all 3 flavors: Tomato, Olive and Hummus
We had almost 2 basket of bread with it between just the 2 of us =P





Spicy Chilled Soup
This was the special of the day and we order on top of the prix fixe.
 This was delicious and quite spicy for most people to handle but I love it since I ♥ spicy (^_^)
  

There was only the choice of 2 salad for appetizers which I think sucks, I would like something that need preparation (>_<)

Caesar Salad
Horrible presentation, overdress given that it tasted store bought



Beetroot Salad
This look much better but really nothing special here as well, I'm not even sure the beets was fresh and not from a can since it sure tasted like the one from a can that I have at home.



Ribeye w/ Mash and Mushrooms
It was a huge portion but not a great cut and was was overcook/tough for both of our steak.


Prime Rib
The fries was ok, a tiny bit undercooked but there was some sauteed veggies underneath that didn't taste fresh (maybe leftovers?)


Petit Fours
Same as the one they usually serve for high tea (see my post here)
and although pretty, it is super sweet (>_<)



 Berries Cobbler
This was warm and delicious but really nothing special and definitely something you can toss together yourself at home within a few minutes





Verdict :
Would definitely not come back especially for regular price menu
Although the service was great, I can't justified paying full price for their quality of food

Windsor Arms Prime on Urbanspoon

3 comments:

  1. Ah, I remember seeing the voucher for this place! Too bad the steaks were overcooked. The dessert looks good, but if you think it's sweet, then it's most likely too sweet for me too :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you had been there for High Tea, it's the same ones (we only finish the merringue one and only took a tiny bite out of the other 2) :(
    Glad you didn't buy the coupon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bah, I bought a voucher for this place too which I have yet to use. The prime rib and ribeye dishes look so sad...

    ReplyDelete