Tuesday, June 5, 2012

pizza e pazzi

Heard some really good things about Pizza e Pazzi (@PizzaePazzi) from friends recently and they swear that it's the best in Toronto, so obviously I have to go try (^_^) As most of you know, I'm a big fan of the other popular pizza place (aka Pizzeria Libretto post here) and after tasting the one here, I don't want to but I'll have to agree that it's my new fave =P






They are one of the two pizzerias in the city that can claim certification from the Associazone Verace Pizza Napoletana (the other certified pizzerias are Pizzeria Libretto)


Housemade bread made in their wood fired burning oven, it was dense and moist served.


They have a very reasonably priced wine list


Fried Risotto Balls
Served piping hot, it was a cheesy goodness with a touch of tomato sauce in it



Margherita PizzaI just want to order the simple Margherita to get a better taste of the sauce, cheese & crust.
I'll have to say, the pie was beautifully charred and the dough was light and chewy with a very unique taste which I think is from the yeast. The dough is definitely better here but I can say the same for the tomato sauce and the cheese =P

They don't have their menu online and I frankly don't remember the name of this one but they basically have 2 sections of pizza on their menu, red sauce and white/cream sauce which we decided to order one each.
This one looks a bit thicker than the previous one but it was the sauce and the cheese on it (^_^).
It was very creamy cheesy and it let the taste from the dough to even shine through better.


Not that the pizza wasn't flavourful enough but since I love spicy food, I really wanted to see what they had to offer.. chili oil? chillies?? They only had teh boring chili flakes and the "not-spicy-at-all" chili oil :(

Verdict :
Pizza e Pazzi  have more traditional pizza topping here compare to Pizzeria Libretto 
but their dough/crust made up for it and I'll definetly be back for more.
Although the dough/crust taste better here, I still can't decide which I like best, so I'll just say that I have 2 favorite pizza place in Toronto now (^_^)


Pizza e Pazzi on Urbanspoon

14 comments:

  1. Omg I love both locations.. they are great for a nice night out with some good pizza and a great selection of wine..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you got to finally try it! See, I wasn't lying when I said it was better than Libretto! :D I'm gonna go back soon. Been craving it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes yes you are right =P
      Lol, we should come out to eat one of these days... been a while

      Delete
  3. Need to check this place out! And nothing wrong with having more than one favourite :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I definetly still like my duck confit & pear =P and love the apps at Libretto as well....

      but the crust here are delish, def must try

      Delete
  4. New Pizza in Wroclaw - show what offer your pizza! We recomend Pizza Strzelin also. You can read about this Pizzerias in Pizzeria Badi Wroclaw and atricle here: Pizzeria Buka Strzelin.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks awesome! I am not really a fan of Libretto (primarily because of the crust). If you like good crust, the one at Buca has gotten to be ridiculously delicious. It has changed since the last time I was there (even 6 months ago!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Buca have been on my list for quite a while... I'll def have to find time to go :)

      Delete
    2. Let's go to Buca :)

      Delete
    3. i've been wanting to go to buca for awhile now too!

      Delete
    4. Heh Amy & Carmen : Let set up a day for Buca :)

      Delete
  6. Decided to go for dinner because of the positive Toronto Life review. Boy did they get it wrong. I had the antipasto and Pizza 'nduja. My companion had the seafood scialatielli. We waited for almost 20 minutes for the antipasto to arrive which is unacceptable for a dish that needs no cooking. It finally came, and was just a pile of meat and cheese, with no accompanying olives or marinated vegetable to cut the oiliness of the meats. Then, before we finished the antipasto, the server brought my companions scialatielli. Two of the clams were closed, and when my companion asked for more mussels instead, the server merely said it was supposed to be that way, and brought it to the kitchen to pry them open. The pasta was also undercooked (not just al dente) and the server said that's how they do it. He didn't offer any consolations. Then my pizza arrived. It was mostly a mound of doughy crust, too-acidic sauce, and gloupy cheese. There was hardly any 'nduja (which the sever even pronounced wrong) and it was soggy. The only redeeming factor was a different server who offered us desert and coffee on him, which we politely declined. Toronto Life stated that the pizza was on par with Libretto or Queen Margherita, but it was even close. The menu was typical Italian fare, nothing special. Too bad, it would have been nice to have a place like Libretto or QM so close to my home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sorry to hear that you had a horrible experice and I have to say that their service is not the best around but on my night of vist, it was acceptable...I can't really say much about their apps and dessert since I only tried one app but I did love their pizza, I guess it's a personal taste if you find it too acidic.

      But there's plenty of other pizze join in town to try :)

      Delete