Monday, February 11, 2013

Makeup Essential

Makeup I probably own more than needed since I like to try different product and the ones that I don't like tend to go on the side but I do find myself going back to the same favorites over and over again. I realize that I haven't done a beauty post for ages which I'll try to do more this year and I thought I would start with the basic favorites of mine ♥
.

 Make Up For Ever (@MAKEUPFOREVERCa) ~ HD Complexion Starter Kit $89
0.17oz HD Microfinish Powder (reg price $18)
 ~ finish w/ this 100% silica universal translucent finishing powder that adds a soft focus effect to complexion. It's a white powder but it does go translucent once you apply. This need to be use light-handed or else it will leave you with an overly white hue which mean this small jar will last you for quite a while. But it does make you makeup stay put and last longer.
 HD Kabuki Brush (reg price $43)
 ~ it's a very soft Nylon brush and even the MAC one can't compare. I was it many time since I first got it and it's not shedding at all.
 0.5oz HD Microperfecting Primer (reg price $18) 
~ this is their travel size but it also comes in bigger regular size which come in 7 different tone but I just stick with the Neutral color. This is a very lightweight, oil-free complexion corrector that minimize the appearance of pores.
 1.01oz HD Invisible Cover Foundation  (reg price $46) 
 ~ an oil-free medium coverage liquid foundation that covers skin imperfection flawlessly. This is the best foundation I've tried so far; good coverage, smooth and yet felt so light. It's rather long lasting that you can go without reapplying all day, especially with the primer and micro powder.
(My color #118)

Getting this set means I saved $36 since I use all of then. These are all my essential makeup product that I use but if you don't want another Kabuki brush, it may be better to buy these separately but it's so soft that you won't regret it. 

I just recently got the new Pro Finish Multi-Use Powder Foundation $42 for touch-up during the day and I'm liking it so far, it's very smooth. This foundation can be use both wet and dry but I tend to use my compact foundation dry and prefer to use liquid otherwise (My color #120).
Let's see how I like it cause I have been religiously using MAC Studio Fix for many years now and at $32, it a cheaper option.

MAC (@MACcosmetics) Select Cover-Up $22
~ this is my fave concealer for many years, this is so light and blendable that doesn't leave dry spot or creases like many other one that I have tried. This is also light enough to be use on it's own to cover up minor imperfection without foundation. (My color #NC30)

MAC (@MACcosmetics) Fluidline in Blacktrack $19
~ love this smooth, silky, long wearing gel liner. I know a lot of people are intimated by gel liner but I find it's easier than most other form of liner, just apply with an angled brush for soft to dramatic look. I Find pencil drag on your eyelid whereas gel goes on so smoothly while liquid is rather difficult to control and need a very steady hand.
Maybeline (@MaybellineCANEye Studio Gel Liner
~ This is a cheaper alternative under $10 and a close second to the Fluidline. I tried several cheaper drugstore gel liner before but they all tends to dry up very quickly.I use mine till the end and it didn't dry up and it was very smooth although I find it not as long lasting as the Fluidline.
~ another item under $10 and I have to say that I like it better than the MAC Penultimate since this is more than half it's price, I find this last longer and goes on better on top of eye shadow. I tend to use this for my everyday 5-minute make-up

Urban Decay (@UrbanDecay411) 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil $23
~ this come is 24 shades which allow blending when applied but will stay put as soon as it dry (30secs). My fave are Zero (black) & Ransom (purple)

 
Urban Decay (@UrbanDecay411) Naked Palette $60
~ This is probably my favorite eye palette of all time, I use it almost everyday. Love how it contain a mix of matte, shimmer and glitter texture. I've also got the Naked2 but I find the color of Naked more flattering on my Asian skin-tone. UD have one of the best eyeshadow which goes on smooth, pigmented and very long lasting.

Maybeline (@MaybellineCAN) Volum' Express Falsies Mascara
~ Since you need to change your mascara every 3 months, I try not to get expensive brand name ones, after trying  most of the drug store variety, I find this under $7 version my favorite. I have very fine and short eyelashes and this does give mine respectable volume.

Marcelle Xtension Plus Mascara $12.99
~ I got one from my GlossyBox subscription last year and love it ever since and I recently bought a new one from Shoppers. This does give my short fine lashes extreme length

Using these 2 mascara together are perfect to lengthen and thicken my lack of lashes ;)



What's your favorite?!?? Let me know if there's some must try product  o(^_^)o

No comments:

Post a Comment