Thursday, June 20, 2013

Graze the Bench 2013

Graze the Bench returned for it's fifth year on June 1-2 by bringing together 7 wineries, 7 chefs with 7 bands. I am surprise that I have never heard about this event after so many years, as you know I can never pass up on a good wine and food event. And what a perfect excuse to escape the city to wine country once again.

The Bench refers to the Beamsville Bench on the Niagara Escarpment 

The $25 passport include a crystal Schott Zwiesel wine glass, 1 food ticket and 1 wine ticket with additional tickets at $7 each.




 2012 Mead Royale, 2011 Meritage & 2011 Mama's Block Riesling
 As usual I love Rosewood white and this was no exception, I end up stocking up on quite a few bottles once again.... especially the Sussreserve ;)


Pastel de Choclo by Chef Rossy Earle
 Chilean Meat Corn Pie ~ ground beef, pork & chicken w/ sweet olives, basil and corn crust
This was my 1st stop and my favorite stop of the day, love the wine and the food.... need I say that I love anything Chef Rossy made ;)


 Paapri Chaat by Chef Joshna Maharaj
Indian Street Food ~ chickpea crisps w/ potatoes & chickpeas smothered in cumin yogurt (Vegetarian & Gluten free)
Both dishes have Chef's Rossi Diablo's Fuego Hot Sauce, so so so good.




TiannaH & Jazz with a Twist

2nd Stop : Angels Gate Winery


 2010 Cabernet Shiraz & 2011 Mountainview Semillon



Margarita Pizza by Avello Wood Fired Pizza

3rd Stop : Thirty Bench
They have the prettiest and biggest tent here which is perfect to escape from the sun for a bit or the rain pour after.



 Salmon Burger Slider by Tide & Vine Oyster Company
 We waited over 20 minutes for this burger since it was too windy for their mini bbq but was worth it since it was rather juicy.


Bacon & Bok Choy wrapped Scallop Skewer w/ Maple/Ginger drizzle





 Oak Smoked brisket sandwich on rye w/ sweet & sour slaw


This winery had the best vibe where people were dancing and bought picnic blanket to enjoy the view


 2012 Estate Riesling & 2011 Cabernet Franc


Smoked Farmer Sausage Slider from August Restaurant
~ with pickled slaw and whiskey mustard on a buttermilk bun served w/ potato salad
 

 Beth's (Almost) Famous Ice Cream Cake


Great view while enjoying the wine 


2011 The Mischief & 2011 The Pipedown
Fell in love with their wine since I first had it in a restaurant and have bought quite a few bottles at the winery previously. In love with the Cabernet Sauvignon.



I am more than ecstatic that one of my fave foodtruck El Gastromundo Vagabundo (@elgastronomo) was there.... love how there was a wedding jar instead of the tip jar. Congrats!!!


 Battered Cod Taco
~ pickled ginger sesame aioli, red cabbage slaw, fresh lime, Kurikake


 Charcoal Grilled Chicken Skewer
~ w/ guacamole & hot smoked Pineapple Habanero Hot Sauce w/ herb salad


2010 Arcanum & 2012 Wismer Vintage Sauvignon Blanc


 Grilled Pacific Wild Salmon
~ on Grape Skin Sour Dough Bread w/ pea shoot, apple & arugula salad, Maple Syrup & Stone Ground Mustard Vinaigrette


Since there's still time, I just had to stop by at my fave local winery at Megalomaniac


As usual I enjoyed my day at the wineries and nothing beat good company, good food and wine 
#golocal


1 comment:

  1. Megalomaniac, I'd bought 1 bottle back to HK last time, it was good.
    How about other brands?

    ReplyDelete