Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Watermelon Mojito [Recipe]

I got ask about recipe post form the pictures I Instagram/tweet but the problem is, I don't really have a specific measurement for anything I made. I just have the ingredients and taste as I go. So this is my first attempt at a easy cocktail recipe post (^_^)













Ingredients :
8 oz Light Rum or Tequila
3 cups watermelon cubes
 15-20 Mint Leaves
2 tbsp sugar
juice of 1-1/2 limes

1) Blend watermelon cubes until smooth. Add Rum/Tequila and 1/2 cup of ice (I wanted a more concentrated version, so I just blended my cold watermelon without the ice)
2) In a small pitcher, combine mint leaves (add more if you like it extra minty like I do), sugar and lime juice.. Using a mojito smasher or a wooden spoon, muddle the ingredients to release the oils from the mint leaves (tip: easier if you tear it up 1st).
3) Mix the 2 together and taste to see if you need to add more of anything to your test. Want more mint, just squeeze more in or not strong enough, add more booze ;)
4) Add ice to glass
5) I like to add some watermelon cubes to mine and garnish with mint sprigs or even lime wheel.

P.S: You can add some club soda for a more fizzy drinks or just sub the ice and Rum w/ Sparkling Wine.
Variation: You can also sub the watermelon with cucumber which is just as refreshing.

No comments:

Post a Comment