Friday, December 13, 2013

Best New Restaurant in Toronto [Globe and Mail]

 
The Globe and Mail’s (@globeandmail) Food Critic Chris Nuttall-Smith (@cnutsnith) have just release his first Best New Restaurant Listing this morning.
Take a look at the Top 10 list here and how many have you tried so far?! I have been to 7 out the 10.


 
Here’s Globe and Mail Toronto Best New Restaurant of 2013 pick (comments are my own) :

1.      Bar Isabel (@BarIsabel797) ~ Being the top pick of many, I have recently been and it was definably worth the buzz (see my post latest post here)

2.     Patria (@PatriaTO) ~ been to Lunch and it was simply goodness with an amazing high ceiling location (see post here)

3.      Takht-E-Tavoos ~ frankly this is definably a spot that I missed and haven’t heard of until now (shame on me)

4.     The Chase/The Chase Fish & Oyster (@TheChaseTO) ~ still haven’t found the time to go to this one but heard that it’s definitely an experience to be had with amazing décor rave by so many of my lady foodies. I did try their food truck twice before the restaurant opened and I was thoroughly impressed.

5.       Bero (@BeroRestaurant)

6.       Porzia (@porziaparkdale) ~ another restaurant on top of my to-eat list that I yet have to visit.

7.      Dayali Beijing Roast Duck ~ I am so happy that an uptown Chinese restaurant made the list this year. I have been twice to this Beijing-based Peking Duck Chain this year and although I find the quality not being the same the two times that I have been, it’s still a great place worth lining up with all the other Markhan-ers for their Gold Medal Roast Duck.

8.      Seven Lives (@SevenLivesTO) ~ This is more of a take-out spot than an actual restaurant but nonetheless, it was one of the favorite tacos I had this year and that’s a lot (see my post here)

9.      OddSeoul (@TO_ODDSEOULS) ~ bought to you by the same Korean brothers of Swish-by-han which I love, this is their version of a dive bar with all sort of amazing Korean street food… this is like a snack size/bar menu version of their original restaurant.

10.   Electric Mud BBQ (@ElectricMudBBQ) ~ this was defiantly a change from your traditional ribs and brisket BBQ joint with offerings like pigtails, cauliflowers with wing sauce and soft served for dessert, they definitely reflect the  adventurous taste of Torontonians (see my post here)


Globe and Mail is currently offering a promotion to receive an eight-week complimentary service print delivery and online access.
Sign up for free here (sign up by 2pm Tuesday December 17, 2013)

1 comment:

  1. your blog is very nice and informatic we are regular redear of your blog and waiting your next update best breakfast spot is tucked away in the Port of Toronto. & Best Lunch Spots Toronto

    ReplyDelete