Monday, March 31, 2014

Macaron Day Toronto 2014 [Event]


I took the day off once again for Macaron Day Toronto (@MacaronTO) this year, the perfect excuse not to go to work for a good cause (see last year post here). For the 2nd year in a row I took the role as one of the ambassador to help promote this amazing event, it's definitely for a great cause with 25% of the day's sales going to  a local charity call Red Door Family Shelter

I got a friend to spend the day with me, she missed out last year and loves Macaron. You may have seen all these yummy goodness if you followed my adventures on twitter/intagram/facebook #MacaronDayTO


 Just as last year, it's our first stop since they open the earliest and we decided to start out slow with some coffee and pastries.


Macaron of the day was Wasabi flovor, isn't that belt of nori just too cute.
Wish they had that for sale as well so I could have bought an extra one for Ben but La Bamboche still being my fave Macaron place in Toronto, I still couldn't resit and bought 1/2 a dozen. They just have the perfect size and soft creamy smooth center/filling that's not overly sweet like most other places.

That being say, I wish they would improve on their packaging since a few of them got crushed while the ones I bought at the other store was perfect. They use just a small white box which wasn't specifically tailored for their macaron. Wish they had kept the transparent box that they use to use which fit so perfectly (see what I mean here).
 

Always there to impress with over 25 flavors to choose from on this special day.
 

Their feature macaron was same as last year - Salted Caramel

With all the amazing flavors, we just couldn't resit and each bought a dozen to bring home. My favorite was still the Hot Tamale which I hope they will keep on their regular rotation.



 
Went to the Yonge location this time and just as the previosu year, they ask for a donation to  Red Door Family Shelter of at least $2 for the "free" macaron.


First time at this Yonge location and located just across from our last stop, we decided to drop by since they do their own Jour du Macaron with 50% of their macaron sales going to @SickKids
 


 
So no free macarons here but how could I resist with flavors like Mojito and red wine and it's for an amazing charity.


 
After lunch and some shopping, we decided to head to our last stop. We sat down and rest with a drink and apparently a lot of people got the same idea since the place was packed... not surprise since the place always look amazing with all the cake displace and the brightly lit space.

 
I think they have the biggest Macaron in Toronto.
 

 

Another great event, can't wait for next year.
Hope we broke last year record and raised even more money for Red Door Family Shelter


No comments:

Post a Comment