Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Pukka [Holiday Season - Indian]

This is my 3rd visit to Pukka (@pukkatoronto) and that show how much I enjoy this place to be back again (see post here and here).








I find that there was a lot of improvement compare to my first two visit and their menu changed quite a bit but some of he dishes that I didn't like before had a major improvement. Great Job!!!


Eggplant Tartare $8.70
~ tandoori smoked + khasta roti
This time the khasta roti was crisp and this was a light great start to the meal. I usually find Indian dishes to be rather heavy but they have lighter options here at Pukka which I love.


String Chaat $9.60
~ string vegetables, sprouts, rice crisps, pomegranate, mango, chutneys + yoghurt
Not sure if the ratio of the ingredients or what they changed, this was a lot tastier than when I had it during my first vist. Love the refreshing taste and flavors from the mango and pop of juices from the pomegranate.


Tandoori Chicken Tikka $13.50
~ herb-infused + tamarind chutney
Was a bit thrown off by the green color but it was moist and so yummy. They only blended fresh herbs and yogurt for the marinade, no dozens of spices involve. Simple yummy goodness.

Gunpowder Prawns $18.90
~ tempered moong bean salad
So good, perfectly seasoned and perfectly grilled prawns.

.
Seared Spiced Duck Breast $23.60
~ Pickled lime, tamarind, port sauce
 Perfectly cook duck but thought the sauce was a bit too sweet.

.
Roasted European Sea Bass $24.30
~ lentils, curry leaf, tamarind
I am usually not a big fish fan (except sashimi of course) but love this dish. The fish was fresh, flaky and perfectly cook while the thick lentil curry was perfect to dip your naan in. Probably my fave dish of the night.

.
French Beans $11.90
~ caramelized onions, turmeric, coconut
Not sure if I'll call that a side since it was a rather large portion. But compare to the bland beans I had the 1st time, this was packed with flavors. Just have to get a bits of the onions and coconut with each beans.

 
Plain Naan $2.7 & Basmati Rice $4.80


 
Verdict :
 Definitely one of my favorite Indian restaurant
Love how the dishes are not as spice heavy as most of the other Indian restaurants
 (not sure about you but too much spices give me indigestion)
Will definitely not be my last time here

*** This meal was complimentary but opinions are my own ***


Pukka on Urbanspoon




No comments:

Post a Comment