Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Cafe Olimpico [Montreal]

Café Olimpico (@cafeolimpico) was opened back in 1970 and I'm sure there's a reason why it remain so popular. This was another recommendation from friends as the best coffee in Montreal and it was only a few steps away from our lunch spot here, so just had to drop by.








As per their website :
Café Olimpico’s strong heritage and authenticity is mirrored by it’s house-blend coffee that has remained a family’s secret recipe for nearly half a century. Our coffee offers a selected balance of Arabica coffee beans from Central and South America, roasted to perfection and brought together to give you an irresistibly smooth and sweet taste. Its fine aromas and intense flavours will be sure to tantalize your taste buds.

As I step inside I was totally taken aback form the huge line up but fortunately, it does move fairly quickly. With the huge tv, it's perfect to hang out if you want to catch a game or hang out in their fairly large patio on warmer days. Plus they open until Midnight 7 days a week.


No fancy flashy coffee machine here, just the old sturdy block.


Cappuccino
We each got a cappuccino and this is was a fairly "old-school" foamy version without the cute latte art. I found the foam/milk to airy for me which resulted in a not as smooth creation as I prefer while the coffee/espresso itself was slightly aromatic, I would prefer a darker roast. On a side note, I also noticed that all coffee places in Montreal will ask if you want sugar in your espresso drink while none will ask here in Toronto and most other places I visited (maybe Montrealer like sweet coffees) 


Verdict:
I would say it's not my cut of coffee but I'm still glad I tried.
But would love to come back just for the atmosphere and since we didn't get a chance to sit down this time.



Related Montreal Post:
Maison Publique [Tasting Menu]
Patisserie Rhubarbe [Bakery]
Au Pied de Cochon [French/Montreal]
Park [Japanese]




Café Olimpico on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment