Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Little Sister [Indonesian]

I think Little Sister (@littlesisterto) is the first Indonesian restaurants I know of in Toronto and since they opened last year and I haven't had time to check them out but recently after having their Babi Panggang at Taste of Toronto, we just had to check out the place.









The kitchen was located at the back of the restaurant with the glass windows, it definitely reminds me of some of the small street vendors/hawkers in Asia. And the menu was printed on pieces of cardboard which we thought was fun.




We just left Beerfest for the day, so just water for us but with all the "labeled" bottles on the shelves at the bar I think I will be back to try out some of their cocktails


Fried Cauliflower Salad $7.50
~ Rujak, Green Onion, Puffed Rice
Thought it was a rather small portion given it was for $7.50 and it was very "soy-sauce" for me, not a big fan.




Sweet Spicy Peanuts $2.50
Too bad we didn't order drinks, these would be perfect with a glass of beer and these were more sweet than spicy, so no worries for those of you who are "heat-intolerant".


Satay Lilit $6
~ Balinese Spiced Chicken Skewers
At first sight, I thought this would be ratehr dry but it was rather moist and packed with flavors... instead of chicken slices, it was more of a meatball.



Pangsit $6.25
~ Jakarta Wontons, Beef, Green Onion, Chili Lime Sauce
Perfectly airy crispy with just minimal minced beef filling.


Balinese Shredded Chicken Taco $4.75
~ Lettuce, Pickled Cucumber, Crispy Shallos, Sour Cream
Rendang Taco $4.75
~ Beef, Coconut Crema, Lettuce, Pickled Red Onions
Both tacos was delicious, so packed with flavors and quite a generous portion.


Babi Panggang $15.75
~ Roasted Pork Belly, Pickled Bean Sprouts, Fresh Chili Sauce
This was the dish that made me decide to come and was it just as good as I remember. Perfect fat and meat ratio, melt in your mouth goodness plus the perfectly spice and charred skin add so much flavors. Love how they did a pickled bean sprout instead of the usual boring Asian slaw that you are use to seeing and bonus point from me since I'm a big bean sprout fan.


Udang Kari $15.25
~ Shrimp Coconut Curry w/ side of White Rice $2.75
The Chinese in me can't help but crave for some rice and this was perfectly saucy for that. Love the big perfectly cook shrimp and although it says coconut curry, the coconut flavor wasn't overwhelming which I like.


Coconut Milk Pudding $6
Light smooth and not too sweet, perfect after all the flavors.


Verdict :
LOve everything we had and will definitely be back for more.
Friendly service
The Babi Panggang is a must try and I'll be back just for that.



Click to add a blog post for Little Sister on Zomato 

No comments:

Post a Comment