Friday, July 8, 2016

Packing Tips [Travel]

Have been pretty lazy in updating my blog since I came back from our Spain vacation in May and have been thinking of sharing some of my travelling tips with you.











I have seen a lot of friends over packing or under packing for vacation, even just for a simple weekend getaway. So here are some of my packing tips, hope that help.
Please let me know your packing tips as well...


Skincare
  • Invest in good travel bottles for your lotions and potions, it does save an insane amount of space. 
  • I tried not to relied on the free skincare samples I get since I want to stick with my usual trusted routine, it's just not a good time to try new things when you travel since you don't want any unexpected breakout or allergic reaction to the new products. 
  • I use the ones from Muji here and it last for years, plus love all the tiny sizes available and trust me cause that's really all you need.

Body Wash & Shampoo
  • I would totally recommend using samples in this case and what I do to save is refilling the travel size bottles each time... 
  • Or save up the complimentary bottles from Hotel visit especially when suitcase space is not an issue (ex: weekend/mini roadtrips), then you can reuse those mini bottles for your next trip and throw it away as you go and the plus side is more space for souvenirs on your way back 

Clothes
  • Always check the weather of your destination before packing, will it be hot or cold etc.
  • Try to pack pieces that can easily mix & match or smaller non-bulky pieces, No you do not need the extra "just-in-case" extra pieces. Remember you can always buy it there if needed.
  • If you are on a longer trip, try to see if you can wash some (if so remember to pack some washing detergent).
  • Pack pieces that can easily transform from day to night for fancy dinner or a night out; like a change of jewelry, bag or shoes are the easiest.
  • Try to only bring one jacket or coat which you will wear on the plane since it's usually bulky and tends to take up your suitcase space. Choose one that can easily match everything you are packing, I personally tends to opt for my Jean jacket or a light cardigan that can be easily carried around.

Shoes
  • I can't stress enough how important it it to wear comfortable shoes since you'll probably be walking all day long for your entire trip. 
  • And ladies, please restrain yourself from packing too many pair of shoes since it's the one thing that take up the most of space and you probably won't need them. 
  • I personally like to wear the comfy bulkier pair which is usually a pair of sneakers during summer or boots during winter and pack a cute pair of sandals or flats that can be worn for night out or fancier occasion.
  • Heels take up a huge amount of space and to my experience, you probably either will not need them or too tired after all the walking to wear them. Only bring a pair if it's really needed, like if you are attending a wedding or plan to go out for parties where you really need to dress up or feel extra sexy.
NOTE
Since you will only have 1-2 shoes and a jacket, try to pack cloths that will match them.
Best way is to lay out the outfits when planning.


Compression Bags
  • Compression or Space Bags are great if weight are not an issue and only trying to save space.
  • Make sure to get the ones that can be compressed by hand rolling and not vacuum only. I got these ones here
  • It does wrinkle your cloths, so make sure you will have an iron handy at your destination. What I did for our trip is to bring it along for our trip and only use it on our return trip since our souvenirs filled up our suitcase space

Handbag
  • Try to switch to a sturdy but lighter handbag (the leather one you are using is way too heavy even when it's empty) since you'll be tagging it the whole day you are out and about..... plus you'll likely have the extras like camera, water etc
  • I try to avoid backpack since it's more prone to pickpockets at packed touristy places, better be safe than sorry especially with passport and the extra cash you may probably be carrying.
  • Try to leave all the extras from your wallet at home, only bring the credit cards you'll be using and ID you need cause trust me, it makes a difference.

What's your Packing Tips?!??

No comments:

Post a Comment