Thursday, September 29, 2016

Jinya Ramen Bar [Japanese]

Being the ramen addict, Ben just had to try out the newly open Jinya Ramen Bar (@jinyaramenbar) adn after eyeing it's renovation for months already.


















Jinya is a chain ramen shop with multiple locations in the US and Canada, being the first location in Toronto, I was excited to try this popular place.


Love the space with pretty big comfy bar stools and not overly hot like most ramen places.
Love the eye catching display of red and black ramen bowl on the counter.


Pork Gyoza
This was a lunch special where you get to add $2 to your ramen for an app and a soft drink. This was the only thing I like with thin moist wrapper... this was perfect.



Crispy Chicken
Same add $2 to ramen for this, it came after the ramen and it was oily and definitely not crispy


Cha Cha Cha Ramen $15.25
~ pork broth, pork chashu, seasoned egg, bean sprouts, chopped onion, green onion, fish powder, Korean powder served with Thick noodles
First off it's way too oily, can you see that thick layer of oil all over and it's not hot enough, there wasn't even smoke coming out... it's a must for ramen to be served pipping hot and believe me, I like my broth full and flavorful but this was way too oily even for me.
The chashu wasn't in particularly flavorful but with a great layer of fat.  The only thing I like of this bowl was the large amount of beansprouts and the pretty mount of onions on top.


Love the extra thick noodle here 


Sprouting Up Ramen $12.75
~ pork broth, prok chashu, brussels sprouts, egg, green onion, Kikurage, chili oil 
served with Thick noodle
Just as oily and not hot plus I do not see or taste the chili oil at all. The broth is rather salty than flavorful and although I am a huge brussel sprouts fan, I am not sure it goes that well with the ramen. But I have to applaud them on their egg, cooked perfectly candied center.


And they better educate their server better, she told me about the ice green tea but it was a ice match tea which was overly sweet.


Verdict:
I don't think I'll be back
With all the competition around, they better improve fast.


Jinya Ramen Bar Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment